Sunday, March 20, 2011

Back to Normal!

Since January:
  • Grace had her 15 month check-up in early February: 31in (67%), 20lb 7oz (17%!). Great progress!! At that appointment, the doctor said, "I think we can start treating her like a normal baby now!" Music to my ears. (As of now, I'm sure she is beyond the 17th percentile for weight. As I've been trying on her spring/summer clothing, I'm realizing that, at 16 1/2 months, she is almost too big for her 12-18 month clothes. Quite a feat, considering she just started outgrowing 6-12 months since January.)
  • In keeping with being "normal," Grace is becoming a little less picky and easier to feed...many nights, I can feed her the same thing that the rest of us are having, and she will eat it. Along with her more-than-adequate weight gain, this has taken so much stress out of my life!
  • Grace is walking! Now she is seriously walking and getting faster every day. Because of this, her appetite has increased significantly. Somehow, I just never thought she'd be this normal.
  • Grace has lots of ear infections. This is completely unrelated to last summer's illness, but just something we are dealing with right now. She will likely be getting tubes in her ears soon, and I am honestly ready for her to be consistently well. Even still, recurrent ear infections are so manageable compared to all we've been through. It's nice to have a "normal" problem!
That about wraps it up. I think I won't be posting on this blog anymore for a while -- maybe never again, although I am thinking that I will probably post some final thing in August (a year from when Grace got sick). While this experience is truly behind us now in pretty much every way, it will never be completely out of my mind. And, as I said in my previous post, I'm thankful for what I have learned through it, which is why I like to keep a record on this blog and re-read it from time to time. Thanks, again, to those of you who have prayed for Grace and have continued to ask about her progress! We are a truly blessed family!

No comments:

Post a Comment